Help women and children in Douglas County
Call the 24 Hour Crisis Line
We invite you to call us (770.949.0626) or attend an event.
Our staff is happy to answer any questions you may have about the organization.
Domestic violence occurs on all social and economic levels, regardless of race or ethnic background, employment or education, relation, marital status, physical ability, age or sexual orientation.
Some quick facts about domestic violence:
- Each year, more than 50,000 incidents of domestic violence are reported to Georgia law enforcement agencies.
- More than 50% of all women are battered by intimate partners at some time in their lives.
- A women is physically abused every 9 seconds in this country- an estimated 2 to 4 million women annually.
- Nationally, 50% of all homeless women and children are on the streets because of violence in the home.
- Between 15 and 25% of pregnant women are battered.
- The FBI estimates that only 1 in 10 incidents of domestic violence are ever reported.
Join us in helping to make a difference by participation in our events and contributing to our shelters.